free website stats program Itchin' to spend a little Do-Re-Mi on my Dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

Itchin' to spend a little Do-Re-Mi on my Dyna

ChiroRick

This is the first bike I've owned that I haven't been gawking at every accessory they make for it. I'm definetly getting a new seat...as soon as I decide on which one I want. There's a member on here willing to sell me his Sundowner, which I'm hoping to buy from him...I just need to get to HD to see one in person.

Can't think of anything else I need right now...Saddlebags would be nice, but I can't see spending alot of $$ on something I'll only need on road trips.

This is the first bike I've owned that I haven't been gawking at every accessory they make for it. I'm definetly getting a new seat...as soon as I decide on which one I want. There's a member on here willing to sell me his Sundowner, which I'm hoping to buy from him...I just need to get to HD to see one in person.

Can't think of anything else I need right now...Saddlebags would be nice, but I can't see spending alot of $$ on something I'll only need on road trips.

Surf the WEB, there are many GREAT after market choices for ALL your shopping needs:s

I put a Mustang seat on my Superglide. It's comfortable on long rides and I think it looks nice too. As far as saddlebags go if you end up getting a pair you might decide that you like them so much you will leave them on all the time. I put a set of the rigid lockable bags from HD. They certainly werent cheap but they look nice and I wouldn't imagine taking them off.

Sometimes we got so wrapped up in dropping $$$ on our bikes, we forget about ourselves. I would do a personal inventory and make sure you've got all these covered:

1. Helmet
2. Gloves
3. Jackets
4. Boots
5. Sunglasses
6. Rain Gear

As for the bike, also make sure you've got the basics covered before customizing too much. Good lubricants, tires, brakes, battery, etc.

We have a store called Fleet Farm in Minnesota, they have a really good selection of leather goods for bikers chaps,vests, aftermarket saddelbags, ect... for a very good price. Also go online and check out a place called leather up, they have all kinds of leather goods very cheap. I bought most of my leather goods from them.

Sometimes we got so wrapped up in dropping $$$ on our bikes, we forget about ourselves. I would do a personal inventory and make sure you've got all these covered:

1. Helmet
2. Gloves
3. Jackets
4. Boots
5. Sunglasses
6. Rain Gear

As for the bike, also make sure you've got the basics covered before customizing too much. Good lubricants, tires, brakes, battery, etc.

I've been riding bikes for awhile, so each of those things I have at least 2 or 3 of. As for rain gear, I rode back from North Carolina (210 miles) in TORRENTIAL rain last September. Took me 5 hours or so, and I discovered my rain gear (Frogg Toggs) was waterproof for about 30 minutes at best, even while I was wearing my Tourmaster waterproof pants underneath my frogg toggs. I was blown away, because my Frogg Toggs have never let me down before.

I put a Mustang seat on my Superglide. It's comfortable on long rides and I think it looks nice too. As far as saddlebags go if you end up getting a pair you might decide that you like them so much you will leave them on all the time. I put a set of the rigid lockable bags from HD. They certainly werent cheap but they look nice and I wouldn't imagine taking them off.

Down the road when I am ready to spend $900 on a set of rigid bags, I'll go for it, and leave them on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riding gear does not last forever and does need replaced from time to time i replace helmet every 2 years waterproof stuff will only last a wee while unless it is goretex which will last a long time but cost a lot in the first place the cheep waterproof stuff will rub on the inside on your clothes and wear through the waterproof coating double skin waterproofs last longer as the inner skin is less harsh on the water proof coating than normal clothing

Brian

Back