free website stats program It must not be my week, Bad Luck 2 / Mark 0 -- aaahhhh!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

It must not be my week, Bad Luck 2 / Mark 0 -- aaahhhh!!!

markfsanderson

Well,
I had hi hopes for doing my entire stage 1 next weekend, recording it on camera, editing and posting it for all to see and laugh at! But no go . . . So here's the score:

1) Last Saturday I ordered at round SE chrome back plate for my new Dewey Jelin A/C. Excitedly, I went down to the dealership when they called on Friday only discover that the chrome looked terrible. Chipped, rough, bubbly around the edges - edges that can viewed from the front or back. I rejected this part . . .it looked no better than a roughly used 2nd hand part that had been cleaned up. Ouch.

2) Last weekend I found a great deal for a SuperTrapp tunbable disk series slip on muffler for my bike. The price was just under 400 - the lowest price that I had seen else where was like 440 or 450. I immediately ordered this from Amazon, as they had this in stock - great! Well, so I thought. I received the box, which appeared to be in good shape and had SuperTrapp packing tape sealing the box. I opened the box, everything looked in good order until I started looking at the mufflers themselves. It appeared that someone had actually ran these mufflers for a short period of time as evidenced by what looked like hot gas discoloration of the mufflers interior. Also, each muffler on the side that was visible, looked like that it was purposely damaged around the rim on the wide side. Each ding was deep, bent metal and showed chrome flaking off on closer inspection. My heart sank. This looked horrible - there was no way I could put this on my motorcycle. My FXDC is no show bike, but putting garbage on it was not going to happen - for sure.
Well, I started asking around, and apparently this is either a factory anomaly, or someone re-packed them at the warehouse as new. Supertrapp still has a great reputation, as it did when I was quite a bit younger. But what I don't get is how did they get factory tape in a warehouse? I would think that SuperTrapp would never let that tape out the door . . . to ensure that its obvious when you get a factory part. I'm calling the factory on Monday, I've got someones name there that I can talk to . . . we'll see whats happening with them.
My solution was to find a local parts distributor about 100 miles away in Round Rock Texas, they'll have my new SuperTrapp Muffler there Wednesday morning. I plan on going up there to pick it up, inspect it on the spot . . . hopefully I won't have to reject this one.

3) No score on number 3 - Dewey Doesn't have my check yet . . .hopefully he'll have it today so he can send my A/C

4) The TFI Gen 3 arrived yesterday, I picked it up at the apartment office this morning. . . it looks like in its in good shape. No worries here . . . I won't score it in my column until its installed and working!

I'm seriously tempted to install my Gen 3 first . . . run it this week w/its current settings - typical stage 1 - as they put it. I suppose that would make it a bit rich on my bike . . . I have no modifications at all (except a K&N stock air cleaner and my mad scientist attempts to make the stock A/C cleaner breath better by machining some holes in the plastic part around the perimeter) . . . what do you all think - Install the TFI or just wait for the other parts?

Mark - Thanks!:newsmile026:

Last edited by a moderator:
Put it on now IMO it wont hurt and you will like the gain:s

I call you LUCKY...

Much better to take the time to get the Quality Needed parts then to accept them damaged...

Install the TFI....:D

ONLY setting involved different is the green on Pot #1... Set it for your bike Now and I doubt it will need to changed much when you are finished with the mods...

Rememberr, the bike comes LEAN and the TFI WILL Un-Lean:s

Getting used to changing the first pot will help in your Final setting when you get the rest of the mods on...

signed....BUBBIE

So the adventure begins - TFI Installation!

Thanks guys - install it I will - or at least attempt to. I'm going to video my TFI installation: thrills, chills and spills (not!) and see if I can put something together to show folks how I did it. Should be some fun . . . what direction should I turn pot one for my current nearly stock set up? I can't remember what one is for . . . is that for cruise? I'll re-read this instructions in just a minute . . . let see how this borg implant will control my dynas brain!!

Yeah, I'll just keep rejecting until I get what I want. Especially if I'm paying full price for new, if it doesn't look good - fahgetaboutit! If I have a rat bike I'm putting together for amusement, something stripped down and basic . . . lots of swap meet parts - then thats a different story. This is my primary ride, it won't have triple chrome plated show spark plugs . . . but hey its going to look as nice as I can get it . . .

Pot ONE (green) Might be set by Dobecks..... DON'T touch the other 3 as I know they should be set right for now...

#1 and the threaded head is pointing to #1 ,,,, turning clock-wise (Right) increases the fuel...... Don't Force any adjustment... It probably is pre-set on 2.5 to 3.25 or there abouts...IF it IS try it there FIRST.. The others Leave as Is........ You will not have a need to adjust these...(for now nor probably later)

signed....BUBBIE

Pot ONE (green) Might be set by Dobecks..... DON'T touch the other 3 as I know they should be set right for now...

#1 and the threaded head is pointing to #1 ,,,, turning clock-wise (Right) increases the fuel...... Don't Force any adjustment... It probably is pre-set on 2.5 to 3.25 or there abouts...IF it IS try it there FIRST.. The others Leave as Is........ You will not have a need to adjust these...(for now nor probably later)

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Bubbie! I'm going to record the settings prior to my install . . . at least I can get back to where they had it set for me!

Back