Isn't she purty?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by walleye, Jul 24, 2010.

1. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

Just washed and used the Turtle "ICE" on her. Pictures do not do it justice. I used the Ice based on a local freind who swears by it. EZ on and OFF. Anyway, I think it turned out good. I also snapped a picture of my derby cover. Custom engraved and powder coated "The Black Pearl". My passenger boards blocked the HD flag on the flag mast. It's cool. OK, I am done braggin....:s

Attached Files:

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

Looks Good

3. walleye

Thanks Bud, it is hard to see in the pic's, but she is really shinin! Here is one whilke it was sunny.

Attached Files:

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Bike looks gr8 - I didn't have as good of luck w/the Ice wax. Seems like it wouldn't rub out well so I switched to the Meguire's 2.0 which works better on my vivid black paint. Not that the Ice was a bad product - just didn't work out 4 me.

5. walleye

Maybe on my next detail I will try Meguire's 2.0. I am up to try anything new as there is always something better! Thanks for the tip.:s

6. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

my buddy uses mxt 2.0 meguires and after a year only doing it once it still fells smoooooth

7. talon2fe

talon2fe Member

That derby cover is awesome!! Where did you get it done?

8. walleye

He does very nice work, and the sky is the limit. :D Check the web site out.

Gallery - Bikes 'n Owners

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Walleye, that Ultra looks mighty fine...the Derby cover has so much detail, it almost looks like it was laser etched. :D

10. walleye

I am very impressed with the quality. I can tell you it looks better in person. I will likley get my fuel cover done as well, just need to decide what to put on it. Tim Treacy, the guy who does it, was very helpful as he designed my derby cover. I told him what I was looking for and he sent multiple examples and we landed on the one I choose. He was very good to work with. There will be no disappointment if anyone decides to do it. :57: