free website stats program iPhone mount | Harley Davidson Forums

iPhone mount

Merlynn

After painfully figuring out that my iPods hard drive could not handle the vibration of my 09 Ultra I got an iPhone. Initially stored it in the cup holder where it skipped tracks every time I hit a bump. Rode with it in my cell holster on shuffle connected by cable to the aux port. Worked great except i couldnt change the song list while riding. Today I installed an iPhone mount and went riding. With the phone mounted vertically it skipped tracks as badly as before but when I rotated the mount sideways and put it in horizontal or landscape position it worked pretty well. Is this scientifically possible or was it just a fluke? Maybe the foam padding in the mount prevents shock better this way. Only other problem was the phone got warm quickly in our hot Florida sun, I'm surprised it didn't turn off. Nice thing was it was easy to control the phone through the plastic cover even wiearing gloves. Anyone else have any advice for listening to an iPhone on a bike?
WAP.gif

Go into the settings mode of your iphone click on the ipod setting and then turn off the "shake to shuffle" mode and you should no longer have a problem with the music skipping. Also HD makes a magnetic cushioned, water proof case that makes it fairly easy to use, magnatizes the iphone right to the tank for easy access. Seems to work ok for me.

According to Apple:

Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F
(0° to 35° C)

Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F
(-20° to 45° C)

Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing

Thanks just now changed the settings. Didn't even know I could do that. Saw the HD mount liked it except that on the tank it would get too hot exposed to full sun. Mounted on the handle bar I think I can keep it from over heating and shutting down, thanks!
WAP.gif

Ram Mount makes an IPhone capatable mount. I have one for my IPod nano and it works great. I hooked up an IJet remote and now I can remotely change the song, control the volumne and pause start. The Ijet was like $28.00, alot cheaper than Harleys control unit!

I did the cup holder thing on a recent trip with my Iphone 4 and not one skip. Looking for a better mount. Didn't read post #2 before writing this.

Last edited:
Techmount has real nice units that mount in a variety of ways. I'm thinking about getting one for the GPS and possibly one for my IPod as they are much more compact than the RAM mounts that I have.

TECHMOUNT - Products

Back