free website stats program Interstate or Country road rides??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Interstate or Country road rides???

I would much rather travel on country roads.Thats not to say that getting the scoot up to sixth isn't relaxing but for a group I would rather be on a country road. Like Hobbit stated I would go and plot out the trip in advance and keep in mind that all do not ride the same.Keep rest stops(gas,restrooms,etc)in mind.

Like Hobbit & Sharpscuba a good mix and checking it out in advance a few days before is a good idea. Also depending on how many are in your group, make sure the newer, less experienced riders are in more or less the middle, and experienced "fast" guys towards the front and experienced "slow" guys near the back to help keep an eye on the group. If a real long ride, with big group, doesn't hurt to have a guy with a truck and trailer to haul rider and their bike which may break down, run out of gas or for some reason may not be able to ride the whole way (for emergencies). :newsmile062:

I would also say country roads. I travel on both and it doesn't bother me but I think for something like this you would be better off on the country road. They are more layed back.

Back