free website stats program Interesting Read On The HD State Of Affairs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Interesting Read On The HD State Of Affairs

At this point in time Iam trying to do a deal on a new Ultra.
As you/all may know the Canadian Dollar is -23 cents US.
Anyway the difference between a States side machine and a Canada bike is around $2000. Two days ago the dealer phoned and told me H/D will be raising Canadian prices by 10% as of Jan 27. I'll find out more at the Vancouver M/C show next week. It appears H/D is not to concerned about prices considering the increase for Jan09. With stock prices down maybe a stock purchase is in order.:)

I received a notice of a general H-D PARTS increase.......but nothing about a BIKE price increase.

Try working a deal with another dealer and see if they mention the increase. It may just be a scare tactic.
The Vancouver show is the big one for this area. Usually a buyer can cut a deal at the show. If not then I'll have to consider if I want to eat the increase or wait another year. With all the good reviews about the 09 machine I really don't want to buy second hand. However one probably has to be pretty familiar with these model to tell the difference.
Thanks for the advise, I'll know more after the show.:)

Ditto again. You should hear what friends and family in Ireland tell about how screwed their economy is. The Celtic Tiger is now a moth eaten rug and there are some very tough times ahead. It's going to be hard this year and next for us all. But cheer up guys the expression "just have to ride it out" really works for us! Stay in the saddle.

I received a notice of a general H-D PARTS increase.......but nothing about a BIKE price increase.

The bikes are going up in Canada not the U.S. because of our shrinking dollar.The parts are going up in both countries because of the tax our govenments have put on the import of offshore products.

sounds like a buying oppertunity to me. tired of hearing if you would have bought such and such stock twenty years ago youd make this much profit. maybe i can make it work for me. yes the economy sux but the american spirit does not. thers bargains to be had, and people like us investing in ourselves will bring us back where we need to be. despite what the gov. does to screw it up.

With all the talk of investments losing up to 40% of their previous value, I went out to the garage to check on my portfolio yesterday.

I was half expecting 30-40% of the parts gone but nope, tires still there, engine still there, all the little bits and pieces present and accounted for.

When I bought the Electra-Glide in 2007, a few of my friends advised me that I was wasting my money and should put my cash into something smart like a high yield investment of some sort.

I'm pretty happy with my investment so far! As Smitty said, gold and Harley Davidsons are pretty good bets!

The motorcycles are over valued, assc. are over priced, but Obama is going to put people back to work making stock exhaust for us poor, ignorant Harley riders that wanted something better:newsmile012::D

got a letter from ft. lauderdale harley offering me what I paid for my 05 wide glide if I came down to trade in on new bike, tempting, the wife shot it down. I was in for service couple weeks ago, they had a big sign in the service area for used bikes, said they can't hardly keep them in stock, talked to the sales rep, told me last month was one of his best, said he sold 34 bikes from the pompano store.

Back