free website stats program Interested in a 2006 Dyna Low Rider | Harley Davidson Forums

Interested in a 2006 Dyna Low Rider

Wild1

It's at a dealer. They're asking $8100. It has 21,000 miles. Tires are good. I like it because it's a Low Rider,
it's fuel injected, it has the 1450 motor (runs cooler), and hopefully no cam chain tensioner issues with this year? Thank you.

If you decide to go for it you may be prudent to get an extended warranty, depending on price. JMO

The '06 Dyna's were the test platform for many of the '07 modifications. Some problems I remember is the rotor magnets often came loose. Expensive. Inner primary bearing behind clutch weak, and some problems with the 6 speed trans. Google '06 Dyna problems. I think the price is high. 2010's - 2012's are in the 7K range in GA.

The '06 Dyna's were the test platform for many of the '07 modifications. Some problems I remember is the rotor magnets often came loose. Expensive. Inner primary bearing behind clutch weak, and some problems with the 6 speed trans. Google '06 Dyna problems. I think the price is high. 2010's - 2012's are in the 7K range in GA.
I read an article last night after my new thread that read that the primary bearing has to be replaced every 15,000 miles.

So I should stay away from the 2006 Dyna even if I got a better price? It's too bad because the bike has fuel injection and the 1450 motor which I like. It also has excellent Dunlop Harley tires and nice Screaming Eagle slip ons which I like too. I know the dealer too as I've bought a couple of bikes from there.

But on the other hand, you said on a different post you have a '92 Dyna, and it's reliable. What would be wrong with buying a 90s Evo, presuming you can get parts? Thank you.

I have a 87 Softail and have no problem getting parts,of course they are pretty much all aftermarket.

Back