free website stats program Insurance | Harley Davidson Forums

Insurance

mydeluxe

What do you think...Is there any reason you need collision insurance on you bike if you on it? For me this is like and extra 400 a year more, on a 12k investment...My thoughts are you collect on the collision and you probably what be riding anymore.

I took full coverage with full tort, also i am covered for what ever happens, even if the bike falls over in my garage with nobody around. Also my insuranse will cover up to $3000. on top of the value for add ons.
My insurance is through Progressive. and i pay about $375

I've got full coverage on mine as well. It's more for what happens to it when I'm not on it worries me. Theft, fire, freekin tornado's... If it gets totaled while I'm on it that won't be my fault, I'm pretty careful. It's usually the cagers that kill you, or at the very least total your scoot. There insurance will pay for it then.

The rules seem to be different all over the place but generally speaking there is other coverages that are included with collision. Also, if your bike gets nailed by an uninsured driver you are covered. If your bike gets nailed by an insured driver who's insurer doesn't want to pay up and you don't have collision, your insurance company might not have a whole lot of incentive to work on your behalf.

I carry full coverage, not due to accident so much as what happens when I'm not around also, as I prefer to ride most days without a helmet, medical insurance is a requirement in Florida. (Yeah, I know riding w/o a helmet ain't the brightest idea) figured I'd admit it before others told me

Last edited:
Full coverage here, and I dont wear a lid Im sure Ill take a hit for that statement

Formost insc. full cov. full replacement. 100=300=300k 09 ultra 500 ded,..400.00 year

Dont really know or understand all your U.S insurance options,but i insure my Deluxe for an agreed value of $38,000 AUD for $648 AUD.It's actually LOWER than last years' premium,and that's for full and total coverage.

Carry the insurance you want. Understand what the coverage is for, make a decision that protects you. If you live in a bigger city, you are going to pay more. Ultimately, you do get what you pay for.

Back