free website stats program installing headphone jack | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

installing headphone jack

If I understand correctly the CB module does carry radio music to the headsets. Does anyone know if I could make an adapter to go from the headset jack to a small phono jack to use earphones. Another member said he made such but did not say if it worked OK. I am just concerned that the output may be correct for haedphones but not earplug type speakers.

hate to hijack but I switched HK speakers on my Ultra(all four)to Infinity 5022i's got hem for $80 pr. had them installed at Best Buy for a real reasonable price.I could have done it but the install they do is lifetime which will matter down the road.I got more bump and much clearer.Under $200 for all.I used Infinity because they are 2ohm and take a lot less to drive them.I think XM has doe something recently to their signal it is stronger and seperation is much better.

hope this helps,

There are some other options as well. If you use a 3/4 or full helmet, you can install helmet speakers and use wired or bluetooth. It may be a little fiddly, but you can attach a bluetooth transmitter to your radio or MP3 and get some good bluetooth helmet speakers like the Cardo Q2 or even better, the
IMC Camos (uses A2DP technology for STEREO bluetooth. Personally (no offense meant), I disagree with most positions taken against wearing headphones while riding, bicycling, running, walking. The argument always comes down to the fact that you cannot hear what is coming at you. This began back in the late 70's with the advent of the Sony Walkman; Some users would crank the volume, tune out the rest of the world, and walk into traffic. This may have led to people getting hit by cars in crosswalks, but I doubt it had much to do with their ears - I don't LISTEN for traffic. The problem here is the same as it is on bikes in my opinion; Your eyes are much more important and useful to be alert to your surroundings, just like it is for cage drivers. Have you ever heard a pedestrian walking behind your car while you were backing out? Suppose you are on your bike and you hear a dumptruck bearing down on you - will you be able to move? Maybe. How will you know where it is and where to move yourself to? Can you hear a good parking space? :)
I am not advocating the use of earphoes at all, I just don't buy the reasons given for avoiding them. On the plus side, molded earplugs with speaker inside can cut down on the damaging effects of wind noise while allowing you to enjoy your tunes.

There are some other options as well. If you use a 3/4 or full helmet, you can install helmet speakers and use wired or bluetooth. It may be a little fiddly, but you can attach a bluetooth transmitter to your radio or MP3 and get some good bluetooth helmet speakers like the Cardo Q2 or even better, the
IMC Camos (uses A2DP technology for STEREO bluetooth.
Personally (no offense meant), I disagree with most positions taken against wearing headphones while riding, bicycling, running, walking. The argument always comes down to the fact that you cannot hear what is coming at you. This began back in the late 70's with the advent of the Sony Walkman; Some users would crank the volume, tune out the rest of the world, and walk into traffic. This may have led to people getting hit by cars in crosswalks, but I doubt it had much to do with their ears - I don't LISTEN for traffic. The problem here is the same as it is on bikes in my opinion; Your eyes are much more important and useful to be alert to your surroundings, just like it is for cage drivers. Have you ever heard a pedestrian walking behind your car while you were backing out? Suppose you are on your bike and you hear a dumptruck bearing down on you - will you be able to move? Maybe. How will you know where it is and where to move yourself to? Can you hear a good parking space? :)
I am not advocating the use of earphoes at all, I just don't buy the reasons given for avoiding them. On the plus side, molded earplugs with speaker inside can cut down on the damaging effects of wind noise while allowing you to enjoy your tunes.

I'd be very interested to know who makes a bluetooth transmitter that will work on HD's Harmon Kardon radio.

I just spoke with J&M Motorcycle Audio in Tucson AZ, 1-800-358-0881 and they said they will have a bluetooth transmitter for the radio available sometime in January or February 2009. Keep an eye on the website for info. jmcorp.com

Last edited:
If your having major problems reinstalling the outer fairing, remove the headlights then you can see the two hooks the outer fairing mounts on. Then replug in the headlight and click them into the mounts. I also discovered some of the some striped screws, I put a flat wodden tooth pick in the hole the installed the screw, held great. Bill

I did a similar thing to my Electraglide Standard. I patched into the back of the speakers and got a radio guy to make up a sub harness with the standard 3.5mm female plug for me to plug my moulded earplug speakers into it. I needed a subharness with resistors so as not to blow up the small earplug speakers.

100% clear and fantastic sound all the way up the speedo. I can still hear the bike and traffic around me but the music is brilliant. Love it! love it! Love it!

Cheers

Neil (Australia)

Back