free website stats program install forward controls for 09fxdl | Harley Davidson Forums

install forward controls for 09fxdl

billsfxdl

I bought new frd controls for my 09 fxdl from kcint. But they didnt and wont send me instructions . Price was cheap. so was the service. can anyone help. thanks

Thanks for your response. Ive installed frd controls on a 07 sportster, which they came from harley. Wasnt that hard. But when I called kcint, they were not very nice about me wanting instructions. Told me to have mechanic do it. I am mechanically inclined.The instructions you sent , the parts doesnt look like what I got. No hole plugs either. Im wondering if I screwed up.

The instructions look like my Harley fowards on my 2009 FXDB
I had the dealer install them first day I got the new bike.

Install my own on a 2006 Street Bob, same install. More difficult then installing on a Sportster or older Dyna, but still not that hard. Big intimidation for most is the fact that you have to remove the primary completely. It takes some time, so don't rush it and get a nice clean setup areae to work from.

I'm mechanically inclined myself, no mechanic though and I make plenty of mistakes, but overally found the job not too difficult, just time consuming making sure you are doing everything right and not misplacing the parts.

Back