free website stats program Inner Primary Seal and Bearing Replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Inner Primary Seal and Bearing Replacement

blockheadcase

I am replacing the seals and bearing with the kit from Drag Specialties on my 96 FXD. I have the service manuals to do the removal. I am also going to replace my drive belt, hoses and anything else obvious. Any suggestions of what else I should check and or replace while I have it apart, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Shift shaft seal. Cheap and easy to do. One of those things that you would have to take the primary off again to do. For less than $10, its a no brainer. Check the shift lever real good too. If it has any slop in it, replace it too.

Pull the rotor off and check the stator. If any of the coils are darker than the others, or worse, burnt, replace the stator.

If you are removing the swingarm, consider this:

True-Track
20-19E TRUE-PIVOT TOURING/FXR 1980-2001 $298.00

True-Track Products

TQ

Depending on your miles, good time to check the clutch plates. If you replace them soak them for a few hours prior to installation :s

If i was that far into the bike i would change the main shaft oil seal and perhaps the main drive oil seal and quad seal

Brian

Back