Inner Primary Leak

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Slightly Dazed, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Slightly Dazed

Slightly Dazed Member

This one has a good ending..I noticed a small amount oil under my bike about a week ago. Tracked it to the inner primary, took it to the dealer today and they replaced all the seal's. Cost zero dallars..glad it was under warranty. The dealers service dept didn't (EDITED) at all, they checked and changed everything..it was great.:):)

Please read and understand the info in this link...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

2. navyman

navyman Member

I had the same thing happen to me at about 20,000 miles. It would have cost me $480, but it was under warranty. No problems since. I am now at 36,000 miles.

3. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I can not get over the Great Warranty coverage Harley Davidson offers. It seems like as long it is under the "time period" work is done with no questions asked. That is so UNLIKE the FORD motor company where you have to Prove, Show & Demonstrate the problem and even then they give you a hard time.

I am sure you can tell I am done with Ford.

4. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Found on the Road Dead !!:lolrolling

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

LOL Hobbit and Hoop Too bad Ford and H D share the same starting date in history

6. joel

joel Junior Member

And here I always thought ford = first on race day

7. Slightly Dazed

Slightly Dazed Member

I am thinking of extending my warranty, it up in March 2010. Has anybody else done this?

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

If you can swing the cost, it's a good thing to have with the problems that have been springing up on the newer bikes.