free website stats program Inner Fairing Brass insert gone bad | Harley Davidson Forums

Inner Fairing Brass insert gone bad

Terrabella

I read this on another forum. Thought it would be good information to have in the event you (Like Me) have issues with your brass insert going bad on your inner fairing.

"Harley inner fairing insert repair kit part number 16585-96, externally threaded oversize brass insert that screws into the wallowed out inner fairing hole,,common problem on bikes with windshield bags,,,or that have the fairing pulled off to often..its USUALLY just the center hole that is damaged.

I read this on another forum. Thought it would be good information to have in the event you (Like Me) have issues with your brass insert going bad on your inner fairing.

"Harley inner fairing insert repair kit part number 16585-96, externally threaded oversize brass insert that screws into the wallowed out inner fairing hole,,common problem on bikes with windshield bags,,,or that have the fairing pulled off to often..its USUALLY just the center hole that is damaged.

And MSRP is only $1.70 ea. Worth having on hand.

And when you screw them in the slots screw in first. The slots clean the plastic as it screws in and prevents splitting the plastic. Do not use the boss with the slots up, they are not designed to be used with a screw driver.
Ken

Back