free website stats program Inconsistent Turn Signal Operation 1995 FLHTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Inconsistent Turn Signal Operation 1995 FLHTC

schneppy

Running Kuryakyn Panacea Rear Stoplight,Turn Signals, and L.E.D. Front Turn Signal.

Problem: While riding my turn signals do not flash consistently. Different speeds produce different results. Sometime they will flash at long slow pulse for only about one or to flashes. Sometimes they might flash with a normal pulse. Started happening after Voltage Reg and Stator was replaced

Crazy, when the ignition switched on but engine not started they work fine including hazards. When the bike is started and running while on the kickstand they seem to work too.

Running any load equalizers?

Check battery voltage when you have the problem. It could be low voltage causing the problem.

Changed the Load Equalizer...was working correctly before. Battery is reading 13.8 while running at 2000 rpms

I am not a super mech nor an electrical genius, but I always start simple. Problem appears to be in the light, check the light, are all the wires intact on the board of the light and in the plugs, do any of them look like they are loose or starting to pull away?

Who ever does anything with a taillight but makes sure it lights up when it is supposed to. I had one that started acting weird on me and I found I had a bad connection on the board. When running it would blink or go out, and turn signals would get weird sometimes. Resoldered the connection and never had another problem. Just my thoughts, hope you find the gremlin.

Back