free website stats program impressed | Harley Davidson Forums

impressed

khewell

Got my Dobeck TFI installed and finally got to take her for more than just a down the road ride.
WOW!! Someone here said it was a seat of the pants noticable improvment.
I couldn't agree more. I was a little sceptic at first and even thought money wasted, this was the impression I had just riding up and down the road a couple of times. Today I got to put 75 hard miles on her and it's almost like a new bike. Throttle response is great, low end torque is improved, engine runs smother, and the biggest improvment is in 5th and 6th gear no stalling no hessitation just get up and go.
Thanks to all who posted and answered so many questions about this product.

Yup. I was surprised how such a cheap (dollar wise) mod could make such
a difference in performance.

ride safe

Glad that you like it. I felt the same way and figured that the folks on this site will steer me right. I could not be happier with the TFI and the way the bike improved.

I know what you mean. Since I installed mine I have installed a couple for club members. Each and everyone came back from their first ride with a BIG smile.:D

Bikesag, the TFI is a piggyback fuel controller for EFI bikes, and you can install it and adjust it yourself.

For the cost and ease of use, it gets top ratings from the members that have it. Enter TFI in the search box at the top of the page and read up, you will find just about everything you will need to know about it. :s

And, if I'm wrong on any of this, some one will set me straight. :)

I love to see reports like this. I just installed mine and have only rode about 12 miles. I did notice that it seemed to be much smoother with no surging. I cant say if I have noticable power increase since I had not been able to ride since last 9/11. But I can assure you that I will ride plenty as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

OK.....what is TFI? And is it a do it yourself install?

Here's the link to the website.
EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

As stated before it's a piggyback fuel control for fuel injection.
Spend some time looking at the website you'll find that Mark Dobeck knows his stuff when it comes to carbs and fuel injection.
Here's a link to an artical to support this.
EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft
There are a few videos on youtube just do a search for Dobeck.

I think it's one of the best mods that could be made since their little box gives you control over the fuel, think of it as being able to replace the jets in a carb and do a little fine tuning.
There are several other fuel tuners out there but I chose Dobeck because they discount the price to $150.00 for vets. Doesn't metter how long you served just fax or email a copy of your DD-214.
Anyone that supports our military like that has my vote.

I got mine at the end of riding season last year and barely got in 200 miles but it ran really strong. I need to make some adjustment for better fuel mileage but I love the throttle response.

Back