free website stats program IMC headset.. anyone using them? | Harley Davidson Forums

IMC headset.. anyone using them?

I just bought a new to me Ultra. I had intercom on my Yamaha, so I called Sierra Electronics where I bought my IMC headsets to ask if they will work on the Harley.
Jeff is who I spoke with, and he said yes and rattled off the item # for the lower cable I would need to adapt it. To make a long story endless, it comes in the mail, I hook it up and I get lots of radio volume, but no intercom.

I read the owners manual and made sure the intercom was on, and pressed PTT button to turn on the mic, but no luck.

Does anyone here know what's wrong?

Try adjusting the VOX. It's prbably not set right. On my Limited I had to tinker with it a little to get it right. The settings are different for hwy and city at least for me. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried adjusting the VOX (what is VOX anyway?). I adjusted it from one extreme to the other, but the mic is not working on either headset.
I sent Sierra an email last night. Maybe they will know what the problem is.

I emailed Sierra with the problem I was having. They responded with a suggestion that I upgrade the software in the radio. They included instructions on how to download the software upgrade from the HD web sight.

I tried several times by burning the upgrade to a CD, but apparently it won't work with Windows Vista. Finally my wife downloaded it where she works, and burned it to a CD (They have XP where she works).

I really didn't think it would work, but whadda know, it did! And it fixed my problem with the headphones.

Back