free website stats program Ignition switch cover | Harley Davidson Forums

Ignition switch cover

Metrotops

The ignition switch cover does not close. I can see the pin that goes from the switch to the cover but do not know how to repair it. This happened once before and the dealer fixed it in minutes (out of my view). Any help or should I replace the switch (seems like an expensive fix)?:USA

Does the cover flip to the side or upward? On a side flip at the bottom there is a pin on the cover that goes into a hole on the switch.The hole has the catches,spring loaded, to catch the pin. Maybe some light oil in the hole? On the flip up type the springs are on the cover to catch on the bottom part of the switch. Never had to repair one so I'm just guessing after looking at both types I had lying around.
tourbox

The ignition switch cover does not close. I can see the pin that goes from the switch to the cover but do not know how to repair it. This happened once before and the dealer fixed it in minutes (out of my view). Any help or should I replace the switch (seems like an expensive fix)?:USA

My spring is broke, same problem. There is a little wire clip that grabs that pin on the cover you can see the ends of it directly obove the hole where the pin goes in when you close the cover. I need to know where to get that little clip?

Back