free website stats program I want to get my harley repainted | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I want to get my harley repainted

Just go around your to your local bodyshops and get prices try to find one that advertise PPG paint used here , they will most likly use there own in house mixing PPG there ,and will match HD color spectrum saving some money on materials . Good paint products are not cheep,the paint and primer alone will run you in the 200 area , but you can down grade with straight color one stage paints.like most Blacks. Im no painter but have done a lot of bikes and found the local bodyshop best , they are local and if a problem comes up with paint they will fix, watch out for online paint sets you trade in for ,make sure what you are getting back is OEM HD sheetmetal. problems could arise from going this route if not OEM tins A) fittment trouble like reeming bolt holes or missing holes for proper fit,B cheep tiawan metal. I have had friends with this kind of bad experience.

thank you bull dog jim, but all I have is a car port. LOL and only a 20 gal 5 hr air compresser. I have no way to sand blast the frame. I have a 77 ironhead custom hardtail chopper, and the frame and tins are painted red. Plus the frame has very bad pits all the way down to the primer and scraches on the tank. One of my drunken buddy trying to sit on my ride and the bike fell over with him on my bike and I was mad as (EDIT) . He did it when I went in side the house.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer days! Since my paint post I learned a little hard lesson. DONT wax new paint. I made that mistake and now have what looks like scratches. Its not too bad, cant see it unless you know what you are looking for. I'm going to run it that way a season and re-do it next fall-winter when I do the cams/pump and belt primary.

Lessons we learn huh...

thank you, TANK. I am very sorry every one, for useing the word I used in my post and I truely thought it was not useing profanity. I'm sorry to every one that I might have been mad at what I put in my post.

Back