free website stats program I need some tour pac answers | Harley Davidson Forums

I need some tour pac answers

scubaz71

I currently have a 07 street glide with a detachable king tour pac and I am thinking of going to a 12 road glide. So what is the difference in the the tour pacs? Is it just the bolt hole alignment? If so couldn't I just drill new holes and get a new detach kit, paint the tour pac and be good to go? Thanks for any help you folks can provide me.

Or you could just get a Road Glide Ultra which already has the tour pack. It's not detachable, of course, unless you modify it.

I don't know what the difference is, but I would look at the bottom of a bike on the showroom floor to see if it's just minor like cast in mounting lugs. The q.d. hardware for the new bike is gonna run you a couple hundred, maybe do Like Dr.D. suggested and look at the R.G.Ultra. Sell your old t.p.and mounts cuz you aren't gonna realize that $$ amount on trade in.

Yes, you can do that. I have a 1983 tour pac that I mounted on my 07 and then my 09 road glides. I made my own mount for the 07 and bought a detachable for the 09.

Back