I need some tour pac answers

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by scubaz71, May 26, 2012.

1. scubaz71

scubaz71 Member

I currently have a 07 street glide with a detachable king tour pac and I am thinking of going to a 12 road glide. So what is the difference in the the tour pacs? Is it just the bolt hole alignment? If so couldn't I just drill new holes and get a new detach kit, paint the tour pac and be good to go? Thanks for any help you folks can provide me.

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Or you could just get a Road Glide Ultra which already has the tour pack. It's not detachable, of course, unless you modify it.

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I don't know what the difference is, but I would look at the bottom of a bike on the showroom floor to see if it's just minor like cast in mounting lugs. The q.d. hardware for the new bike is gonna run you a couple hundred, maybe do Like Dr.D. suggested and look at the R.G.Ultra. Sell your old t.p.and mounts cuz you aren't gonna realize that $$ amount on trade in.

4. bummy58

bummy58 Member

Yes, you can do that. I have a 1983 tour pac that I mounted on my 07 and then my 09 road glides. I made my own mount for the 07 and bought a detachable for the 09.