free website stats program I Got New Bars on my FXDC!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

I Got New Bars on my FXDC!!!

ChiroRick

Got these from J&P after seeing a pic of another forum member's bike. I wanted a setup that would have me leaning forward a bit, because I couldn't get along with the super reduced reach bars that came stock on my 08 FXDC.

They are called "Fatty Z -4" So far, they are awesome...definetly changes up the handling of the bike, as well as the rider position. Gonna fool with the position of the bars....gonna bring them back a bit and see how they do.

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

:D I like that look, reminds me of the old days when Z bars were in Good looking sled

JMHO, but they look too small for the bike.

I agree...they look too small, but they are definetly not. End to end, they are actually 1 inch wider than the stock bars. It's just the appearance in the picture...in person they are much bigger looking. Going to pick up a set of 4in curved risers tomorrow to bring them back a bit...because the forward lean is causing me some neck soreness. I think the curved risers will be just the ticket.

I agree...they look too small, but they are definetly not. End to end, they are actually 1 inch wider than the stock bars. It's just the appearance in the picture...in person they are much bigger looking. Going to pick up a set of 4in curved risers tomorrow to bring them back a bit...because the forward lean is causing me some neck soreness. I think the curved risers will be just the ticket.

Funny, when I first saw the side pic. I thought to myself, I'm glad I am not going to be the one leaning that far forward. I then thought of the probable need for a chiropractor after spending any time on it! :D

:cheers:bigsmiley12::bigsmiley12:

They look good. The hand position is similar to Tbars or Drag bars and risers.

I've always loved those type bars cause I'm tall and have long arms and they don't build a bike that gets me far enough away from the bars.

The only reason I have didn't buy Z-Bars is I couldn't find any wide enough. I want some close to 36" end to end. They still sell Drag Bars that wide. Maybe someday I'll get some Z-bars welded up custom.

Back