free website stats program I FINALLY Got To Check Out The New Parts | Harley Davidson Forums

I FINALLY Got To Check Out The New Parts

BlaineG

The weather/time finally lined up and I got to put a couple hundred miles on the new Gen III, V&H Monster Ovals, and the SE air cleaner. I had drove it back from the shop, and to work once, but could never run it for an afternoon.
About a third running 55-60 and slowing down for towns, etc, about a third on the inter-state 60-75, and a third the back roads to home, thru some Mtns and curves, running as hard as traffic would allow me to safely. Nice performance improvement, especially in the low end. Seems to have more oomph in the mid-range (didn't get to check top end...stock was about 100, if speedo was correct) and I got 40mpg with stock Odometer. I'm thinking that will translate to 43 or so on a nice, steady cruise. I'm going to tweak the Green down a half step, and the same for the yellow, and up the red a half and see if that will give me more full throttle boost, while upping the mpg a hair....It was getting about this same mpg, except worse performance stock...So, I'm happy if this is it.

I'd like to do the same set-up, minus the pipes. I like the stock sound just fine, and I ride with a group of guys that have a couple of Triumphs and 1 RG. How hard was it to dial in the Gen III, is it just "plug and play" or is it more involved? Mot sure how much hp gain I would get from just an air cleaner an the Gen III, but would love to drop the oil temps a bit.

I'd like to do the same set-up, minus the pipes. I like the stock sound just fine, and I ride with a group of guys that have a couple of Triumphs and 1 RG. How hard was it to dial in the Gen III, is it just "plug and play" or is it more involved? Mot sure how much hp gain I would get from just an air cleaner an the Gen III, but would love to drop the oil temps a bit.

Others more knowledgeable than I could tell you better, but I believe part of cooling the engine is letting out what you put in via better pipes....SE slipons are hardly louder than stock, yet bump up the power a bit.

This may help: Dobeck TFI - Harley Davidson Community

Back