free website stats program I built mine! | Harley Davidson Forums

I built mine!

zoo-mon

I decide to go with no speedo or tach. Although i wanted to keep track of the mileage some how. So I put an hour meter on it. I use 50 miles an hour to calculate the milage. Right now I have 23 hours of run time. I think that is 1150 miles. This is just approximate for maintenance reasons. Oil changes, etc. Has anyone heard of this done before? Or do you think I have the only one? Let me know what you think. Roy"zoo-mon"Gregory:ap

zoo-mon-albums-white+trash-picture801-white_death_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that if you get stopped for speeding or whatever, you're going to get cited for no speedometer. :(

Yes I may get cited for no speedo. That is when i will be forced to put one on. My bike does not meet federal saftey guide lines be cause of that. but It looks nice without it. 50 is just a number i use to guesstamate my mileage. It is actually less than what it adds up to. They allways ask us. do you know how fast you were going. I can honestlly say no I do not.

A friend of mine told me about those. Have not yet checked them out. I think i will look into them and maybe report back on how they work. thanks

A GPS unit could work....I don't know if it would be 'spec' but it could track speed & mileage.

ever thought of adding a wireless bicycle speedo? they run up to 150mph and are quite acurate and small

Great idea Hobbit. I just bought one from Wiggle in the UK, for my mountain bike. Thay are the size of a wristwatch these days, tiny, and so many functions!! :)
Love your ride by the way Roy!!!! Nice and clean!!:s

I decide to go with no speedo or tach. Although i wanted to keep track of the mileage some how. So I put an hour meter on it. I use 50 miles an hour to calculate the milage. Right now I have 23 hours of run time. I think that is 1150 miles. This is just approximate for maintenance reasons. Oil changes, etc. Has anyone heard of this done before? Or do you think I have the only one? Let me know what you think. Roy"zoo-mon"Gregory:ap

zoo-mon; Google "hour meter oil change interval" or "hour meter miles conv."
It brings up a lot of info. SOME of it may be useful to you.

Smitty is correct some diesel trucks use hour meters also for service intervals I think the cops will have the final say on this if and when u get a ticket its a cool idea tho

ever thought of adding a wireless bicycle speedo? they run up to 150mph and are quite acurate and small

Just an FYI - The Ridley (actually they say they are truly the only completely American Made Motorcycle), uses a Bicycle Speedo for the odometer and speedometer. It is housed under a little metal box and runs to the rear wheel. They are also automatic -- maybe a good idea for some but I prefer shifting :s

Some of the models apparently will keep the info even if the battery goes bad.

CatWoman :rider

Back