I-5 Bridge Collapse

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by SixPak, May 23, 2013.

1. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

2. lorne

lorne Senior Member

just saw it on TV. sounds like one one person was on it and all is ok. but will find out later for sure

3. Sunnysideup

Sunnysideup Junior Member

I was just talking to a friend about this on the phone. Im told there are 6 cars not 2 in the water. Nasty situation. Hopefully Lorne's info is more accurate.

4. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

Kinda reminds me of the bridge collapse that happened in Minneapolis couple yrs ago!

5. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Scary situation to be in. But, by the sounds of it, thankfully nobody was killed or seriously hurt.

6. Sunnysideup

Very good news! For both lanes of an interstate to collaspe and no major injuries or deaths....incredible.

7. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

I lived in Minnesota at the time of the 35w bridge collapse, what a mess, I wanna say a dozen people killed and many more injured. I hope when it's all said and done no one dies in this recent mishap.

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

What a tragedy hope no deaths here, I wish our jobs program would get to work on our infrastructure so this never happens again

9. Sunnysideup

This comes from an unoffical source but I was told the reason the bridge collasped was because a tall truck as it was about to finished crossing the bridge started hitting the overhead cross bracing one after another causing enough damage to cause it to fail.