How tough is this guy?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by so cal hoss, Sep 1, 2010.

1. so cal hoss

so cal hoss Member

2. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Tougher than me. :D I'm really glad he wasn't seriously injured. It's nice to see a happy ending. :s

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Wow, seeing him fly through the air and landing in a heap...I am certainly glad he was not badly hurt. Really says a lot about safety gear and plain ordinary luck of the draw. :bigsmiley6:

4. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

He is one tough guy because those kinds of accidents, where a vehicle turns into our path, are the ones that usually do us in. I'm glad he was treated and relaeased. If that was me, I'd be dead!:(

5. Tramp60

Tramp60 Member

Definately something to be said about staying in shape. I'd be in traction. Ouch!

6. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

7. Barndog

Barndog Member

Tougher than me. I did that when I was 16. Had so much adrenaline flowing i didn't feel anything. Till about 3 hrs later. Next day I didn't even want to breath it hurt everywhere.

8. Billua

Billua Active Member

If that was me, ONE of us would be dead....

9. Charlies Harley

Charlies Harley Active Member

Wow, So is that his boot that flies 20-30 ft in the air?

10. Porter

Porter Junior Member

Lucky!
    Looks to me that the impact as well his braking, assuming he was braking hard on the front, compressed the front end, which spring boarded him up, dissapating a good bit of energy. A little bit later in the turn and it would have T-boned him and likely crushed his leg. He would have to absorb a whole lot more energy at that point.

I hope he can get on and ride again after something like this, but I can understand if he can't. Yikes.