how to identify solid and hydralic lifters

Discussion in 'Classic Models' started by cfrods, Jun 18, 2010.

  1. cfrods

    cfrods Member

    I have a 55 pan shovel conversion pan lower and shovel tops and I need to figure out which lifters I have so that I can adjust them.

    Thanks Brian
  2. jody7734

    jody7734 Active Member

    A hydraulic lifter either has a spring on the pushrod end of the lifter or a spring inside the lifter with a cup on the pushrod end of the lifter held in by snap ring. There are many different styles out there depending on what brand of hydraulic conversion is installed.
  3. Jack Klarich

    Jack Klarich Guest

    Pull it out look at the bottom of it is there a bleed hole and a check valve, pump it up by hand does it pump?