How many have changed their stock seat

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by TCSTD, Jul 22, 2007.

1. TCSTD

TCSTD Account Removed

I had to change my stock seat because it just wasn't what I wanted,, has anybody else done this also?
  2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Howdy TC

I still have the stock seat. I tried the sundowner on mine but it raised me up higher than the stock even thou it was more comfortable. I removed it and went back to the stock seat.

Got any Pics of your bike?
  3. Not Very PC

Not Very PC R.I.P

Which bike and how many times, would be a better question.
    I have 5 seats for 06 and newer Dynas, 4 for first gen FXD, 4 for my old 67 (including 1 hand stitched by Mr. Corbin before Corbin was a company) and 9 custom pads for different race bikes I've had over the years.
    That's just one of the Cool things about Harley Davidson's, There is or can be made a seat for any use. And no one seat is best for all riding styles, people or distances.
    On the new FXDIs I like a Badlander for Hot Rodding, Riding the Mountains or Waterhole cruzeing (i.e. picking up chicks for a ride around the block on my "trick Pony"), a 1 up Danny Gray on the BBB for Racing or Showing off, a 2 up Sundowner for Traveling, 2 stock 1 ups that came on the bikes and a Mike Wilson Stingray for show.
    More or less the same with the other bikes, a seat for every ride and a ride for every seat.
  4. docholliday88

docholliday88 Member

What seat did you switch too? I agree that it's uncomfortable! lookin for input for a new seat.
  5. docholliday88

docholliday88 Member

thanks, unfortunately the reach seat isn't really an option. I'm 6'1" and don't need to be any closer.