How long do you keep your bike?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by SportyHawg, Jul 5, 2010.

1. SportyHawg

SportyHawg Active Member

Do you start itching for another ride after 10K miles? Or do you trade it in so it has more "value" with lower miles? Will your wife kick you out of the house if you keep your old bike and buy a new one?? There are some nice-looking paint schemes out there this year...

2. bignew

bignew Member

I plan on keeping this one for awhile. The wife cried when I pulled into the driveway yesterday and I don't think I better try bringing another one home soon.

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Had the '94FLSTC since '95 and have 160,000mi on her. Got the '05RG new and have 60,000mi on her. Don't plan on getting rid of either.

4. larryjmiller

larryjmiller Junior Member

Depends...diapers for old people! I bought an 09, have 10k on it. Just bought an oh 10 LTD it has 3k. The wife (and I) think I'm nuts. Anypne that rides a bike isn't logical. I think you have as many bikes as you have money and room for. I'm at my limit (I think)!
    [​IMG]

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Till the ink on the Registration dries :lolrolling

6. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I somehow can not wrap myself around TBW & radiators yet so I think this Baby is here to stay for awhile.

7. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Oh it may work well. I just don't like the ECM controlling the throttle body for me.

Example: On 2010 TBW 103" engines. If the engine is going 2,000 RPM and you nail the twist grip to 100% in one snap, the throttle body will only open to 69% until the RPM hits 2500 RPM.

I just do not like when ECM's override what I want to do, when I want to do it because they feel I need to be protected from myself.

8. Animal

Animal Active Member

Unless I win the Lottery this is it, 05 Ultra. After all you can rebuild these things forever.

9. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

The ecm obviously knows you well :newsmile100:

Brian

10. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

wonder if my 09 does the same thing, tbw & ecm...