How do you wave in left lane countries?

Discussion in 'Other Countries ( Outside USA )' started by Spade5, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Spade5

Spade5 Active Member

In the states we wave with the left hand but if your country rides in the left lane what do you do?

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I'm guessing they just have to wave a little more vigorously or raise it high enough to be visible.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Oh no, not another how do you wave thread :newsmile045:

Two fingers or the hand, up or down, right hand or left. I think this has been covered many times. Hope we all get out and ride soon.

4. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

Thank goodness. We are planning a trip to visit my wifes brother in England and I was worried we would have to resort the the jump up stand on the seat, get naked and do sumersaults while going down the road to acknowledge the other riders. thanks Hobbit. (OK, prehaps just a tad on the too much side)

5. Plasmadaddy

Plasmadaddy Account Removed

6. airdrie

airdrie Member

I rented a Superglide in Sydney a couple of years ago while working in Oz. We passed lots of other riders while riding along the coast in NSW. We soon adapted to the head nods, tipping the helmet towards the oncoming riders on the right.

7. M' one.

M' one. Active Member

I always nod my head to anyone on two (or three) wheels.

8. cedarbrook63

cedarbrook63 Junior Member

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse. It's good enough for us British riders too. :D:D

9. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I think its like this:good

10. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

They dont reverse the clutch\brake and throttle controls on the handle bars in left lane countries ???

Someone call the MACO and tell them its not safe to wave in left lane countries and that we want a re-design!!!!!

:bigsmiley20: :bigsmiley20: :bigsmiley20: :bigsmiley20: