free website stats program How do I install the Perfomance Machine Grips? | Harley Davidson Forums

How do I install the Perfomance Machine Grips?

skcm2006

OK, I put the cart before the horse ....

I fell in love with the PM Grips and bought them on the spot.

Now does anyone know how do I install these things on my 09 Street Glide? :D

Thanks!

Nice looking grips...unfortunately when looking on the Internet regarding fitment two things stand out...

tn227s3.jpg

1.) Trying to fit them on anything more recent that 2007, there is no cross reference or listing.

2.) Others have had the same problem with the grips fitting loose with play in the throttle side.

I've got them on my bike but my bike is a 2001 -my friend said he had no trouble installing his 2009. Your best bet is to call PM tech support, here's the number - ph.(800)479-4037 they are in California so remember they're on PDT

I installed these same grips on my 09 Road King without a problem. It was no different than when I previously installed Kuryakyn grips except for a small set screw on the left grip.

I think these are the best looking grips out there and they feel great.

I now have the instructions to do this - they seem pretty easy but I do have one question which the instructions do not address - if I have cruise control is there anything special I have to do or do I just undo the controls infront of the grip and pull off and put on for the throttle? Before I jump on this tonight, any thoughts, tips or suggestions?

I've got them on my bike but my bike is a 2001 -my friend said he had no trouble installing his 2009. Your best bet is to call PM tech support, here's the number - ph.(800)479-4037 they are in California so remember they're on PDT

I called Performance Machine Tech Services and spoke with Rick, he said the fly by wire is very simple and that I don't have to worry about cruise control. Just take my time, be gentle taking it off and make sure I use the right torque to put the controls back on. He said the harders part to putting on these grips is drilling the little divet for the left grip which he strongly recommends doing. I am going to do this tonight so I will let you know how it goes, plus I save $40 in labor and time as well as turning my own wrench... Momma would be so proud LOL :D

Although not a major mechanical accomplishment but I can proudly say - I DID IT! I thought it was going to be so much harder than it was. Just re-read the instruction, got my tools together and took my time. The best thing is I know it is done right and I learned a little more about my bike. Plus I saved $40 in labor by doing it myself - Momma would be proud!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

This number was a huge help - thanks!

Back