free website stats program how do i get it off | Harley Davidson Forums

how do i get it off

titan307

trying to get the driver back rest off the Ultra. i can get the seat loose but cant figure out how to get the backrest loose.

surely the pad comes off so i can slip the seat over it without having to reach under the seat and loosening the bracket.

the back rest is not fixed it folds down. not sure if they all do that. this is my first HD

On mine there is. a flipper at rear of metal stand up bar that holds pad up rite . Open up hole in seat w/ your fingers push back on metal flipper ..
Now mine is the hydraulic rest..
If you have the pinch style just push the 2 legs together ..pull up it can be tough..

Reach into the rear of the slit in the seat the backrest goes through with your finfers. You should feel a "tab" on the backrest mount. Move it away from the backrest and pull up hard on the backrest. It should come out if you did it right.

if it does not have the tab version you have to grab the two posts of the seat back rest and sgueeze them together and pull up iit is a pain in thhe keister

if it does not have the tab version you have to grab the two posts of the seat back rest and sgueeze them together and pull up iit is a pain in thhe keister

thats exactly how i had to do it. it was a pain just getting my hand in to be able to squeeze it. shouldnt be as bad going back. thank to all for the help.

There are 3 different kinds.The old style where you slid the backrest up and tilted it back then it came out. Pain in the seat.(pun intended)

Back