free website stats program How about them Phillies | Harley Davidson Forums

How about them Phillies

Irish Hog

Well game one of the World Series goes to the fighting Phil's. Anyone watching??. I am sure if you are not a Phillie's fan or a Devil Ray's fan you are probably not watching the World Series or could care less.

I am a big Phil's fan, have been my whole life and I was impressed to see the Phillies take game one last night. I would like to see a sweep, but I don't see it happening. So is anyone watching?? Comments??

GO PHILLIES!!!!

Last night's game didn't go so well for our Phillies. Left a lot of runners stranded when they should've been scoring. Dobbs was disappointing, but Howard looks like he might be getting his swing back. Werth made a critical error early in the game which cost a run. And what the (edit) was up with the called strike on the Ray batter then the ump pointing to first!!??!!?!?!?!?! First off, the batter went around so it was clearly a strike. 2nd, the home plate ump CALLED the strike!! Then he points to the 1st base ump who DIDN'T call the strike?!?!?!!? Are you (edit) kidding me!?!?!?!!!?! OMG I was so upset at that! And of course the Rays get a run off that BS too.

The Phils will step it up the next 2 games at home. It will be 3-1 Phils heading back to Tampa & they'll finish them off on the road to win the WS...

GO PHILS!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night's game didn't go so well for our Phillies. Left a lot of runners stranded when they should've been scoring. Dobbs was disappointing, but Howard looks like he might be getting his swing back. Werth made a critical error early in the game which cost a run. And what the (edit) was up with the called strike on the Ray batter then the ump pointing to first!!??!!?!?!?!?! First off, the batter went around so it was clearly a strike. 2nd, the home plate ump CALLED the strike!! Then he points to the 1st base ump who DIDN'T call the strike?!?!?!!? Are you (edit) kidding me!?!?!?!!!?! OMG I was so upset at that! And of course the Rays get a run off that BS too.

The Phils will step it up the next 2 games at home. It will be 3-1 Phils heading back to Tampa & they'll finish them off on the road to win the WS...

GO PHILS!!!!!
I hope they step in in the next two games, they looked horrible last night. They did rally but it was not enough. It is very frustrating to see all these runners stranded.. Howard has also been a disappointment. I know Howard got the Phils where they are now, but big time players are what make the difference in post season. Howard has got to start hitting or else this series is over..Utley and Victorino can not do alone..As far as the Umpire last night, he was horrible on both sides of the ball..Lot of bad calls..

Of course I am watching, it's America's favorite pastime. I am a NL fan (St. Louis) so I am rooting for the Phillies. I have a bet with my son, whom is rooting for the Rays.:50:

Last edited:
Go Phillies, I,m not really a big fan of the Phillies, but will never back an American league team as long as they have the D.H.

Oh yeah the Phil's took game three last night and I am fixing to settle down and get ready for game four tonight..Game time is in a hour. I was ticked off last night, Ryan Howard hit his first homerun since September and my cable freezed up for about ten minutes. I missed back to back homeruns from Utley and Howard, figures.

GO PHILLES!!!!! Lets get it done so I can get back to getting some good sleep..

DAMN! The Phils wiped the floor with the Rays last night 10 to 2 absolute embarrassment!

Can't wait for tonight's game if they win tonight the city is going to riot! I am predicting at least 5-10 cars throughout the city being flipped should be a good time. I am heading to the South Philly Tab room in South Philly to observe the happenings!

Go Phils!

Last edited:
Yeah baby!! What a spanking the Phillies put on the Rays! 10-2 wow! Let's do it 1 more time tonight & give this city a championship (besides the Wings, Soul, and Phantoms). It's been since '80...hmmmm, let's see...turn 80 around...

Is this a sign?? I think so.

GO PHILLIES!!!!

I am happy that the NL won, 'bout time. I despise the DH. Baseball is played by nine players at a time, not ten. Make them pitchers hit, that is real baseball. Thank God it wasn't the Yankees or Red Sox too, I was immensely happy that the Rays beat them both in a very tough division.:newsmile100:

Back