free website stats program Horn isnulator bushing | Harley Davidson Forums

Horn isnulator bushing

danroo

Ok guys here's a little ditty. I bought a different horn for my FLHTCU and while replacing it I broke the insulator rubber for the horn as it was all seized on......no big deal so I thought but when I went to Harley you have to buy 3 of them as they come in packs of 3 for $50.00 CDN incl tax....WHAT???? So being an old backyard auto mechanic I simply bought a 1 3/8 expansion plug used in the automotive industry to repair a rusted out frost plug on engine blocks made by Papco ($6.95) from your local automotive store. I also bought a piece of 5/16 ready rod NC $3.00 Home Depot cut it to size and put an extra lock nut on the back! So easy to do and so much cheaper!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys here's a little ditty. I bought a different horn for my FLHTCU and while replacing it I broke the insulator rubber for the horn as it was all seized on......no big deal so I thought but when I went to Harley you have to buy 3 of them as they come in packs of 3 for $50.00 CDN incl tax....WHAT???? So being an old backyard auto mechanic I simply bought a 1 3/8 expansion plug used in the automotive industry to repair a rusted out frost plug on engine blocks made by Papco ($6.95) from your local automotive store. I also bought a piece of 5/16 ready rod NC $3.00 Home Depot cut it to size and put an extra lock nut on the back! So easy to do and so much cheaper!!
Nice. Got a pic of the results?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Your post sounds interesting but don't know the year of your bike or the part number on the insulator your talking about. If your talking about part# 69123-92A, it must be something your dealer is doing to it's customers because I have purchased those in quantity of 1.

As RibEye said,,, Got any pictures of the results. I can't imagine we are talking about the same part (# 69123-92A) because the MSRP List on that part is only $5.58... Yes I know parts cost more in Canada but $50 for (3) seems like scalping to me.

Very creative, got any pictured, it might be worth posting in the members tips section:s

Back