Horn isnulator bushing

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by danroo, Jul 19, 2013.

1. danroo

danroo Member

Ok guys here's a little ditty. I bought a different horn for my FLHTCU and while replacing it I broke the insulator rubber for the horn as it was all seized on......no big deal so I thought but when I went to Harley you have to buy 3 of them as they come in packs of 3 for $50.00 CDN incl tax....WHAT???? So being an old backyard auto mechanic I simply bought a 1 3/8 expansion plug used in the automotive industry to repair a rusted out frost plug on engine blocks made by Papco ($6.95) from your local automotive store. I also bought a piece of 5/16 ready rod NC $3.00 Home Depot cut it to size and put an extra lock nut on the back! So easy to do and so much cheaper!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2013
  2. danroo

danroo Member

I am so sorry for that, it will never happen again!:small3d023:

3. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

Nice. Got a pic of the results?

Enjoy,
    Rich P

4. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Your post sounds interesting but don't know the year of your bike or the part number on the insulator your talking about. If your talking about part# 69123-92A, it must be something your dealer is doing to it's customers because I have purchased those in quantity of 1.

As RibEye said,,, Got any pictures of the results. I can't imagine we are talking about the same part (# 69123-92A) because the MSRP List on that part is only $5.58... Yes I know parts cost more in Canada but $50 for (3) seems like scalping to me.

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Very creative, got any pictured, it might be worth posting in the members tips section:s