free website stats program Hooker Tuned Flow Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Hooker Tuned Flow Exhaust

Hooker makes a great product.When I purchased my 08 FLHX everyone told me to buy Rienhearts.I had Hookers on my softail for over 10 years and loved them.No blueing,great sound.I bought a set of slash cuts for the FLHX and didnt think twice about it.

100_0393.jpg

Raising this thread back from the dead since this is the exact same exhaust I've got on my scoot.

Questions:
  • How do you change from torque to performance?
  • Does the bike need to be Dyno'd after making adjustments?
  • I've read that people set one to torque and one to performance, any experience/opinions on this here?

I've got a set of Hooker Tuned Flow that I replaced with a set of Monster Ovals. I keep them for the time I want to be wicked loud. Momma don't like them, because they grate on her ears on long rides.

To tune them, you loosen the adjustment screws, and rotate the internals, so the that the cut line lines up with whichever setting you want. I used to run mine with reduced flow on the left and full open flow on the right. She liked it that way.

A Google search will yield an owner's manual. If not, I can post one...

Enjoy,
Rich P

No tuning is required with the adjustments?
Hookers breath particularly freely. You will need more fuel (not so much if you do not change the intake, but definitely if you do upgrade intake). Also understand that Hookers decel pop with stock pipes. This is because they actually inhale slightly from the left side, on higher rpms, on decel. You will not be able to tune that away with stock pipes.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Thanks RibEye! Good to know. I don't mind the pop and I've got some major detailing to do this weekend so I'll take a look!

Back