free website stats program Hog Tunes Impedence? | Harley Davidson Forums

Hog Tunes Impedence?

retgi

Considering some better speakers so can anyone tell me if the 2 ohm impedence speakers are the correct ones to get?

I have seen them in both 2 ohm and also in 5.75 ohm. I would measure the ones you already have in the bike with a meter. Then you will know for sure because you don't want to make a mistake..

Of course you want them disconnected from the radio when you measure them.

I believe the Hog Tunes speakers are 2 ohm speakers . You may want to check out the Hog Tunes web site for more info .

The current HK systems are 2 ohm. Hogtunes for the 06-10 bikes are 2 ohm. I've got a pair on my '08 Street Glide, and they are great.

Reminds me a little of the old "Bose" systems that came in cages from the factory. They had 1 ohm speakers! The 1st time I saw that, I could not believe it.

Here's how Impediance works........the system on your bike was designed with a certain amount of resistance in mind. So many watts of output into a given amount of resistance. If you lower the amount of resistance in the speaker, it's kinda like opening the floodgates on a dam, won't hurt the dam (Amp) but could hurt the river (Speakers) so, putting a lower resistance speaker in your bike won't hurt the Amp but will put the speakers, themselves at risk.
Of course putting a Higher resistance speaker in is like closing the floodgates on the dam, it'll back up the water and could damge the Dam (Amp) cuz there ain't no place for the power ta go.
I think the HK system is rated at 40watts into 4ohm. The 2ohm speakers will work and should be louder, but will probobly burn out faster. I would hesitate to put a Higher Resistance speaker in but lower is ok.
By the way, I put the Biketronics 6" speaker system on my Roadglide, they are 2ohm and sound VERY, VERY good. Good luck.....Rock ON!

I fited some Hogtunes 902.2 to my 2010 Street Glide a week ago - sound a lot better than stock - alot more volume and clarity as the volume climbs. They're 2 ohm and all good so far.

The Stock HD speakers i removed are rated 2 ohm by the way

Back