hmm something's missing??

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by airforceacop, Apr 3, 2010.

1. airforceacop

airforceacop Active Member

So I was kicking around the garage tonight, started putting around the bikes...giving them a shine and I notice that my battery cover from my sporty isn't there? It's been about 2 weeks since I rode her but I never noticed the cover gone? Not sure when it went missing..I've been riding the road king mostly, can't say for sure if it feel off or if someone stole when i had it parked at work? it really puzzles me but none the less it's gone. So does anyone know off hand how much for a black cover for a 07 sporty is gonna run me. I'd hate to ask a dealer here in germany.....It's gonna cost an arm and leg here. I'II call my dealer back in Canada but I think I'd still get a better from a dealer in the US and have it shipped to germany.

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Ebay has some listed for $65 and up. It seems black ones are more than chrome ones. Some sellers will ship overseas, some won't. Maybe if you have a apo (?) it will help. I sorta feel that your cover was "burgled".

3. dlao

dlao Member

check the clips that hold it on closely. I caught mine as it was falling off one time and I found it was not seating in those clips properly. You may want to replace those clips also.

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Hobbit has you covered, common malady for all new design covers since the '04 Sportster, (I went w/ chrome ones and used small phil screws to fasten mine on).

Zip ties are the ticket for the stockers as soon as you pick up your bike. Nope there is not a nefarious bandit stealing them, but I do wonder what happened to all the ones that did fall off. HD heaven must be crowded with those errant pieces...

5. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

Hmmmm, a part vibrating off of a Harley, imagine that!!:bigsmiley20:

6. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

GOOD ONE !!!!!:newsmile100:

7. ooheritage

ooheritage Active Member

:lolrollingBlue Wide Glide thats to funny

8. oseita

oseita Member

yep. not a matter of "if" but "when".

9. sportyXL06

sportyXL06 Member

I would check the clips that hold the cover in place I replaced the old ones
    I found the cover hanging open a few times after hitting a few bumps in the road I checked out the clips and they were worn enough to keep it closed but a good bump would pop it open.

10. EnjoyingTheRyde

EnjoyingTheRyde Junior Member

Thanks for the tip... wife would not like it much if she had to go buy a new cover...