Hiway menace 3 crotch rockets & Sportster

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by larryjmiller, Jul 14, 2010.

1. larryjmiller

larryjmiller Junior Member

Coming home from work, in my cage late tonight on the freeway when 3 crotch rockets and a Sportster were working their way up the freeway in both the #1 and #2 lanes. 4 bikes taking up 2 lanes and not keeping up with the flow of traffic. Faster vehicles had to move over 3 lanes to go around these knuckleheads by passing them on the right. I watched for quite a while from a distance. Fortunately I got to switch freeways. I hope they didn't cause an accident tonight. Eventually, if they keep riding like that they will.

I'm sure they made a lot of new enemies tonight. Gotta wonder why these guys (helmets and dark so they could've been girls too) were so un-courteous. It's knuckleheads like them that turn normal drivers against bikers.http://www.hdtalking.com/images/3dSmilies/small3d012.gif

There's never a cop around ...
  2. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Not all bad drivers are in cages.
  3. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

??- They were in the "Fast Lane" going slower than the posted speed limit?
  4. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

Your comment:" where is a COP when you need them" reminds me of an incident that the bride and I had a few months ago. We were heading to our place in Cape May and taking some of the back roads in Ocean County, when three sport bikes passed us, going into a turn, doing probably 85 on a road marked 45. There's the usual cussing and lamenting "Where's a COP...." when all of a sudden, smack in front of them is a State Ranger. Now, as mentioned, these guys passed us on a corner, so they are in the oncoming lane. I don't know who was more shocked, the bikers or the Ranger! He coped a quick "bat-turn" and hit the overheads pulling them over. Don't know the outcome,but it sure was gratifying to have a COP when you need one......
  5. Wayne R

Wayne R Active Member

Yea I thought YOU were gonna say the opposite!
  6. Troy1225

Troy1225 Active Member

Some bikers can be annoying. I hate it when I get stuck behind a long line of cars and see two bikes at the front of the line holding up traffic.

I understand that everyone needs to ride within their comfort level but if you can't at least do the speed limit, then you shouldn't be on that particular road.
  7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Knuckleheads is way too kind:s