free website stats program Highway pegs on a 2010 Street Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Highway pegs on a 2010 Street Bob

Having ridden Dynas with forward controls, I bought a SB with mids as it was too much of a stretch. Having ridden my bike today, I love it around town on the mids but want highway pegs to stretch my legs. I am only short with a 30" inside leg. I thought I could mount pegs on my HD engine bar but it would be too far away, even with a Kuryakyn 3.5" bracket to move them nearer to me. I have found a Mid Usa chrome bracket which bolt onto the holes in the frame for the forwards controls which takes standard HD pegs. Anybody tried this or can point me in the right direction please.

I don't have an engine guard, but did have highway pegs before I put the forward controls on. They mounted where the forward controls do now. Worked well. If you were in the US I would just send you my brackets, they were not HD, seems like custom or possibly just a bracket similar to what you are looking at. I'll send pics if I remember tonight. You can see what they look liike on the bike at the pics in the link below.

Picasa Web Albums - Brian Walsh - 06 Street Bob

Harley's Adjustable Highway Peg Mount Kit, 49002-98, works well and bolts to the frame where the forward controls would. The can be swapped from side to side for four positions (actually only three, as two are very close to the same position). The catalog says they would not fit with an engine guard, however, probably using the same bolt holes.

I have a 29" inseam and I'm pleased with mine. I can send photos if you wish.

Do you think either of these brackets can be fitted with these in place?

P1020021.jpg

P1020020.jpg

P1020019.jpg

I think The Moco says no, but how about the Kuryakyn with the off sets?Turn them inwards

I have been chatting with Brian via email - he seems to this the highway bars may be mounted incorrectly and should be inside the frame at the bottom. The instructions are not clear. Anybody know? These are genuine HD bars 49010-06 part number from the latest catalogue.

Yours are mounted the same as mine per the MOCO instructions. I too thought this did not look right and feel the MOCO sjoul have them mount in the holes in the frame where the hiway pegs mount, JMO

From looking at it I think the brackets can fit. May require an additional spacer between them and the mounting holes, but looks like they could.

Also note the part on the HD site says for use with Mid OR Fwd controls. I based on what I can see the fwd controls mount almost exactly the same as the highway pegs. Probably the reason by the mount does not use the fwd control mount holes.

Engine Guard Kit | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

Only the part made for the 97-05 Dynas says mid controls only.

Also, sorry, have not had a chance to take pics of the brackets. Prepping for Thanksgiving and dealing with sick kids.

Last edited:
Back