free website stats program High Oil Pressure and High Oil Temps | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

High Oil Pressure and High Oil Temps

If your '08 is the same as this '09 PDF, your saying the oil temp sending unit is installed in position #4 (tapered pipe plug hole).

Attachments

• Oil_Pan.pdf
    142.9 KB · Views: 11
JUST for conversation here.

Bike is 09 FLHR 96" with full stage one intake and exhaust usiing a Gen4 fuler be Dobeck and SE255 cams. All else is stock

Just turned 51,000 miles on the King.

I just got off a 5 day ride of two up and loaded down. Up in the hills of Az. Mostly on back roads and hard pulls up.

My oil temp, I have no way to check on this ride. BUT, The temps were in the 95* and not lower than 85* at best.

My 20/50 Redline oil showed "Not too Hot" as the Oil Pressure was running at 40+ lbs at normal cruise and while pulling hills. Never below 10/12 lbs at idle.
( pressure on my un-calberated HD valve cover mounted gauge):s

I do use a Jagg 6 row side mount cooler off the left side of down tubes...
A Jagg Thermostatic control mounted in front of the oil filter and hosed under and up to the cooler. Neat installation.

Before the cooler, On a really hot ride, just like the one I was on, the oil pressure woud stay around the 30-32 mark and would idle down close to 5/10 lbs. Same cam plate and oil pump used,,, difference being the 6 row thermo cooler.:D

signed....BUBBIE

I was having a overtemp issue in my 09 FLHX as well but the pressure seemed OK. I also have the Dakota Digital gauges in. So a quick check to see it the digital gauge was OK I borrowed an engine filler dipstick that had the temp gauge in it from a friend. They both matched (within reason) so I knew the digital was OK. Found out I had too much oil in the engine from my last oil change. Drained and refilled and solved the problem.

I was having a overtemp issue in my 09 FLHX as well but the pressure seemed OK. I also have the Dakota Digital gauges in. So a quick check to see it the digital gauge was OK I borrowed an engine filler dipstick that had the temp gauge in it from a friend. They both matched (within reason) so I knew the digital was OK. Found out I had too much oil in the engine from my last oil change. Drained and refilled and solved the problem.

I checked the oil many times and it is not overfilled. The oil level is in the middle of the good zone on the dipstick. Also if the oil was overfilled I would have oil coming out of the air filter and I don't have that situation.

Back