High Mileage Harley

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Mavagrand, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Camping at Wildwood a couple of weekends ago and met a feller with a brand new Fat Boy. He said he'd just traded in an '08 FLHTC with 249,000 miles that was still running strong. He said he ran "natural" oil and only had to replace the stator, everything else was stock and working when he traded it. Good to hear.

2. mikeymanbike

mikeymanbike Member

Well, it's plane see, he didn't ride that bike very hard! Ha Ha , am confused , some have all the luck. That bike was obviously made on a Wednesday . They should have sent that bike back to the factory to see what problem was! Hope the new ride will be as good to him...

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

WOW, he certainly got his moneys worth out it.:)

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

I can not find but remember a guy who put so many miles on a Harley that the Harley gave the guy a free bike.... It was a national phenomenon..

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

6. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

7. COWBOY_BC

COWBOY_BC Member

It doesn't seem like much of a feat considering the engine has been done 9 times!

8. atm33

atm33 Active Member

Gives me hope for my '08. Though I may not make it quite to 250K...

9. 03HD883R

03HD883R Active Member

Gee, I wonder if mine will make it to a million miles. :)

10. atm33

atm33 Active Member

Awesome story. He must have really loved that bike though. I may have had to trade-up a few times instead, but who knows... Read what he put into it:

"He bought the bike new in Madison. To get to a million miles, he refurbished or overhauled the engine nine times, installed two new engines and went through 105 rear tires and nine seats."