free website stats program Hidden trailer hitch | Harley Davidson Forums

Hidden trailer hitch

mlrc10

The Steel Horse vertical hidden hitch , I bought it off Ebay for $217 shipping included . It's really slick.

It wasn't that bad , although the instructions leave a little to be desired .Just take off the saddle bags and remove the chrome strip that covers the upper fame rail .Pull the rear most bolt out .Put the new ( longer ) bolt in and attach the brace to it .Then unbolt the the the low saddlebag guard and slide the hitch under the fender .Attach the braces and tighten the lower saddlebag guard and put everything back together . Should be able to do in an hour ,hour and and half .

It wasn't that bad , although the instructions leave a little to be desired .Just take off the saddle bags and remove the chrome strip that covers the upper fame rail .Pull the rear most bolt out .Put the new ( longer ) bolt in and attach the brace to it .Then unbolt the the the low saddlebag guard and slide the hitch under the fender .Attach the braces and tighten the lower saddlebag guard and put everything back together . Should be able to do in an hour ,hour and and half .

Did you have to drop the rear fender at all?

No . I did mine at work ,with no lift or jack and did it in about an hour and 20 minutes .

Back