free website stats program hey hi from ontario canada | Harley Davidson Forums

hey hi from ontario canada

mapleshovel

ok so my first harley my brother in law lost his fight with cancer at 46 years old:(,left his harley to me and my wife,he loved that bike
not a show bike,daily rider,its a 74 shovelhead1200 in a softail 80s frame
its lots a fun to ride real loud with those drag pipes,learning as i go
im somewat mechanically inclined got the manuals i find it somewat simple to work on,im slowly changing it to my taste,im about to redo the wiring on it,got two shorts in the last month so rewiring it from scratch keeping it simple,headlight brakelight horn,no kickstart just electric start wich i start from the solenoid with one of those push buttons,lots of lockwashers and locktite lol
anywy i need all the info i can get,im a newbie at this and i got lots of things i wanna do to this lovely bike
:bigsmiley12:

My condolences on the loss of your bro-in-law. Cancer definitely plays no favorites.
Welcome to the forum.:bigsmiley23::cheers

Welcome to The Forum, sorry for your loss, check the self help section for tips dont be afraid to ask questions, there is alot of help here for old iron:s

thanks guys,so i can really use a simple wiring diagram for my 74 shovel
i want thebike to be as simple as possible,like,brake light headlight and horn,no handlebar switchs,no signal lights,no start button i start it on the solenoid,should i run inline fuses or breakers?can i wire directly withought using a conection box?right now theres a conection box sitting in the middle of my fatbob tanks,its real messy looking i dont like it,i have a softail frame so my battery is under the seat,any sugestion?is 14 guage wire good enough?
thanks
roger

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

thanks guys,so i can really use a simple wiring diagram for my 74 shovel
i want thebike to be as simple as possible,like,brake light headlight and horn,no handlebar switchs,no signal lights,no start button i start it on the solenoid,should i run inline fuses or breakers?can i wire directly withought using a conection box?right now theres a conection box sitting in the middle of my fatbob tanks,its real messy looking i dont like it,i have a softail frame so my battery is under the seat,any sugestion?is 14 guage wire good enough?
thanks
roger

See if this pictue helps

Attachments

• 1973-74_FL_FLH.jpg
    1973-74_FL_FLH.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 7
Back