free website stats program Heritage Handlebars on Road Glide? | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Handlebars on Road Glide?

Jim B.

I have an 09 Road Glide and the stock handlebars are just a little too far away. I've read that some people have replaced the stock RG handlebars with Heritage handlebars. Can anyone tell me the difference in reach in inches and whether they had to buy longer cables when they put on the Heritage bars? Thanks.

Have you tried loosening and roll the bars back toward you 1st ????

Well, I now feel pretty stupid. The links section that showed up under my original post showed that I had posted nearly the identical question almost 3 years ago. Thanks to everyone who answered back then and I apologize for wasting everyone's time with the new post.

Have you tried loosening and roll the bars back toward you 1st ????

I'm going to try that first. If it isn't enough then I'll do the Heritage switch. My dealer is going to have to replace my front fairing due to a recent mishap with the bike so I might as well do the swap at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Heritage style handlebars on my RG and I love them. You will get around a 3" rise and a 3" pullback and your hands with be at a more comfortable angle, all the stock wires and cables will work without any modifications.

Back