Heritage Handlebars on Road Glide?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Jim B., Feb 7, 2012.

1. Jim B.

Jim B. Junior Member

I have an 09 Road Glide and the stock handlebars are just a little too far away. I've read that some people have replaced the stock RG handlebars with Heritage handlebars. Can anyone tell me the difference in reach in inches and whether they had to buy longer cables when they put on the Heritage bars? Thanks.

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Have you tried loosening and roll the bars back toward you 1st ????

3. Jim B.

Jim B. Junior Member

Well, I now feel pretty stupid. The links section that showed up under my original post showed that I had posted nearly the identical question almost 3 years ago. Thanks to everyone who answered back then and I apologize for wasting everyone's time with the new post.

I'm going to try that first. If it isn't enough then I'll do the Heritage switch. My dealer is going to have to replace my front fairing due to a recent mishap with the bike so I might as well do the swap at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
  4. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

I have Heritage bars on my RG and love them. Cables fit without modifications.

5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

6. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member

I have the Heritage style handlebars on my RG and I love them. You will get around a 3" rise and a 3" pullback and your hands with be at a more comfortable angle, all the stock wires and cables will work without any modifications.

7. DakotaRob

DakotaRob Active Member