free website stats program Help with TFI and Vance & Hines Ovals | Harley Davidson Forums

Help with TFI and Vance & Hines Ovals

Sgt York

Hi all. I got a TFI and Vance & Hines Ovals and a AN Big sucker stage I this week to help keep from running lean and to run cooler.

First. I set up the TFI and can not get the yellow light to come on when goosing the throttle. Adjusted the green light several times but can not get the adjustment right for the yellow. Any pointers?

But the big problem right now is the ovals are toooo loud (I know, if it's too loud I'm too old and I guess I am). So is there a way to quieten them down? Love the looks of the V/H and MASTERGUNNS gave me a great deal but will be selling them if I can not get them a little quieter. If not, can I put my stock slip ons back on and use the TFI to keep from running lean and run cooler?

Thanks in advance.

sitting at idle you really got to blip the throttle to see the yellow come on.. ya cont twist it like you going full throttle for it to turn on .. and really you will probley dial the yellow down as the gas gauge goes down quick with it

yes you can run the stock exhaust check with V&H they might have quiet baffles

Check all you conection
Yes you can run the TFI with stock pipes no problem.

Thanks smitty, all connections are good.

sitting at idle you really got to blip the throttle to see the yellow come on.. ya cont twist it like you going full throttle for it to turn on .. and really you will probley dial the yellow down as the gas gauge goes down quick with it

yes you can run the stock exhaust check with V&H they might have quiet baffles

Thanks Bud White. Will the bike run as cool with the stock pipes?

Last edited by a moderator:
you might lose a few HP by switching back to the stock pipes but other than that no... you will still lose some heat by going to the TFI and tuning it even if you use stock pipes

Back