Help with chaps size.

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by sadragna, Jun 5, 2013.

1. sadragna

sadragna Member

I'm trying to order Harley Davidson chaps. I Measured myself and I got 45 around the waste Loosely like the instruction tells you how to do it. The size I'm stuck with is XL wich is 42 to 443/4 or xxl witch is 47 to 491/2 inch which size you think is best thanks for the help
    [​IMG]

2. glazier

glazier Junior Member

you're better off going in to a dealer and trying some on, cause if you have a 50-50 chance, you're going to be wrong 90% of the time :(

3. sadragna

sadragna Member

I went to 2 dealers and they had large and Medium and 3xl that wasn't no help :(
    [​IMG]

4. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

It looks like you will be fine with the XL, but the problem you might run into is the fit around your thighs. While the waist can be adjusted with the belt, and mine have a laced up section in the rear, if the thighs are too tight you won't get them on. I would try several dealers to see how they really fit.

5. lorne

lorne Senior Member

make sure they fit....if not they are very uncomfortable

6. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Like Don said, the thighs are the important part. I weighed 180 when I bought my chaps. I was able to let the waist out to accommodate 225, but I had to get help starting the zippers on my legs. :bigsmiley25:

7. lorne

lorne Senior Member

what a picture to get stuck in my head in the morning.....:p

but yes i had a pair as well to tight in the thighs they were not comfortable at all and i had to get ride of them...

8. sadragna

sadragna Member

I order both size I have big thighs :( there always returning the one that don't fit :)
    [​IMG]

9. lorne

lorne Senior Member

good idea...problem solved

10. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor