Help me decide!

Discussion in 'Oil' started by PSU543, May 14, 2008.

1. PSU543

PSU543 New Member

I recently purchased a 2007 Fat Boy. I'm about to do a 10,000 mile oil change and wanted some opinions. I'm looking at using either the Lucas 20w50 synthetic motorcycle or the Mobil 1 V-Twin oils in the engine. Then either the lucas or mobil 1 75w/90 gear oil for the tranny.

My real question is what to use in the primary. I've read that the HD F+ is a good choice, but I want to know if I can use the Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w40 in it without any problems and is it a good choice? I understand from Mobil's site it there is no friction modifiers in it, which is good for the primary.

2. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

Have you read the stickies in this section. Lots of good information there. And, this subject as had a lot of threads. The search engine is your friend! :D

(edit) PS. Welcome to the board!!! You'll find lots of great stuff here and lots of good responses (generally more specific than the one I just gave!!!)

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  3. PSU543

PSU543 New Member

Thanks! I'm surfing my way around the site. I'll see what I can come up with.

4. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

there is a engine,trans.,primary oil poll already going on here with lots of info. & opinions.

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

As R.Lewis said..
    You'll find those polls at the top of this forum.:s