Help! Looking for a Miracle

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by junior09645, Dec 23, 2014.

1. junior09645

junior09645 New Member

I'm looking for a miracle....my boyfriends Soft Tail was messed with Sunday evening. He is pretty certain sugar, water, or something was added to the gas tank. He says the bike is ruined. His exact words were; "its (EDIT) up." I don't know enough about bikes...hence my reaching out to you all. We just had an oil change done and she was running beautifully. The insurance on the bike lapsed and we are up a creek without a paddle. Is there anything that can be done to save the bike or is it done for once the gas in the tank has been altered? Any information would be helpful at this point. Like I said in the beginning I am looking for a miracle this holiday season. We have no idea who would do this or why the bike was sabotaged in the 1st place. Thank you for reading.

Please read this...
    [note]
    HDTalking Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

You have to start with the basics. If this happened all of a sudden and you think that someone has put garbage in the tank then you 1st need to start and drain tank. Then start over with fresh gas and see what happens from there. Why would boy friend make the assumption bike is blown up???

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Did he run the engine before he noticed it was tampered with? If so what is engine doing? If the engine was not run do as dbmg suggested, drain tank and add clean fuel.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Drain the gas, fill with fresh gas, change the oil and filter. Run a compression test on the engine

5. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Sugar in the gas doesn't ruin the engine. It just makes it stop running, maybe clog the injectors. Follow above advice for draining, flushing & refilling tank.

6. wazzle

wazzle Member

Sugar does not dissolve in gas. It remains in its original form, like sand

7. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators