Help ID these pipes

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by kenlani, Jul 7, 2011.

1. kenlani

kenlani New Member

$(KGrHqEOKooE32)C!2duBN-hFfWqTQ~~_12.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!hcE3zGJo7!3BN-hF8QH4!~~_14.jpg

I bought these pipes on Ebay, described as "from a 05 FXDL and also fit sportsters"-- they are 1.75 dia and have 2.5 mufflers -notice the manifold clamps and the tabs-I can"t ID the manufacturer and am wondering about the mounts-how would these mount to an 05FXDL? the tabs are my biggest question- I want to ID them for PCIII tuning as well as mounting --thanks all

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

They look alot like Cycle Shack.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

See if you can locate a part number on the underside of the muffler.

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I have never seen interchangeable exhaust between Dyna's and Sportsters. I just looked at Cycle Shack systems, and the part #'s are different for 2005 XL and FXD. Dyna mufflers usually have long channels for a bolt to slide in for adj., also Dynas' have a long connect brace between mufflers. Nice looking pipes though.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  5. kenlani

kenlani New Member

I thought at first they were Cycle Shack too, contacted them and they say they absolutely are not theirs--there are no identifying marks or numbers or anything on the pipes---heres another view of the tabs

Attached Files:

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

From the looks of the tabs, I'd say it's a rigid mount bike they came from. Sporty or softail.