free website stats program Helmets | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmets

Good video. Answers the question about dropping your helmet, at least an Aria. Liked the comments on Bluetooth comm. IMO doesn't matter if your driving a cage or riding the bike, a distraction is a distraction.

Talking on the cell phone or intercom is a distraction. Some people can multi task and some can't. Some of the accidents I've worked over the years have been caused by not concentrating on driving/riding. Some states are starting to come up with more legislation restricting the use of cell phones while operating a motor vehicle!!!

Talking on the cell phone or intercom is a distraction. Some people can multi task and some can't. Some of the accidents I've worked over the years have been caused by not concentrating on driving/riding. Some states are starting to come up with more legislation restricting the use of cell phones while operating a motor vehicle!!!

I was thinking of getting kitted out with a Bluetooth and speakers equipped helmet for mobile and GPS use, to converse with pillion and possibly a little music on the go.
On reflection,I decided to give it a miss. I feel that to remain in one piece in today's traffic conditions requires TOTAL concentration and anything that would distract would impair that concentration and be potentially dangerous however much fun it might be.
I feel that one of the chief reason for cagers less than sensible behaviour on the road is their lack of commitment to concentration and the ease with which you can be distracted in a cage even if you keep your eyes on the road; music, conversation with the other occupants, the excess comfort and your separation from direct contact with your environment to name a few.

If you have a passenger anyway, it's much less distracting to have a bluetooth each instead of trying to understand various taps and hand signals.

Back