free website stats program Hello, I'm from Wales in Britain and ride a Dyna Superglide '02. | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello, I'm from Wales in Britain and ride a Dyna Superglide '02.

Rich Aswell

I'm having a problem resetting my Bank angle sensor. Over the weekend I needed to change my clutch cable and didn't want to drain the gearbox oil as I have only just recently changed it so I leant the bike over on the left hand side and removed the gearbox cover and changed the cable, however. the bike won't start now and after retrieving the code from the data link it indicated that the bank angle sensor is at fault.In the manual it just says to tip the bike upright and turn the ignition off then on again and the sensor will reset itself. Unfortunately this hasn't happened. Is there any way to bypass the sensor as it is an expensive replacement unit. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome from So. Texas. You might try lightly tapping on the unit. There is a small metal ball in the earlier ones, it may just be stuck in the Off/leaned over position. Some people have opened the unit up and siliconed the ball in the straight up position to by-pass it all together.
tourbox

Back