Hello from Whittier CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by SteveQ, Jan 1, 2013.

1. SteveQ

SteveQ New Member

~Wave~
    Hello everyone. I live in the Friendly Hills of Whittier, CA, near Los Angeles.
    I ride a 1995 Road King that I maintain myself. It has a Sputhe engine, now at 106", with a fresh, complete rebuild. Every inside is new except the cam and lifters, which I will change out shortly. I have new Red Shift cam and S&S lifters ready to go in.
    I am an avid photographer, and like to dabble in photoshop etc. Living in So. Ca. is great, because I can ride all year long. Although sometimes it gets really really cold, like down into the 60's.
    I was a commercial printer for many years, now I just work on the bike and the house. I have a great no-nonsense wife who rides with me sometimes, but does not go to events. (Hates the crowds. I love 'em)
    I am 65 and pretty mellow most of the time, and will lend a hand or advice, when I think it is needed. I can turn into a handful when challenged to do so, and my wife can verify that.
    Have fun, ride safe.
    SteveQ

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
  2. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

Welcome to the forum from southeastern CT.
    [​IMG]

3. SilverFoXD

SilverFoXD Active Member Contributor

Welcome from Tempe, AZ.

I lived in Whittier as a kid, back in the 50s when it was a big deal being Nixon's home town. His brother had a drive-in we used to go to, which went belly-up about when we left generating jokes about the family's management abilities. Attended West Whittier Elementary and lived near a warehouse that, supposedly, stored munitions for use in Korea.

Folks moved when dad picked up the rumor that a freeway was going in. I rode there once to find the old house, and the 605 runs behind the houses across the street.

4. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Welcome to the forum.:cheers

5. 175mws

175mws Active Member

Big Welcome from the south.. La Mirada, Ca

6. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Community

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome to The Forum
    :woe:rider

8. Bedrock

Bedrock Active Member

Welcome from the 305!

9. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
    From Central Florida.